Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Avatar Accusations

I just have to get this rant off my chest. I will probably edit it and make some more comments about it later, but having just seen it. This needs to be said:


I am Sick of hearing all of this "Cameron ripped off so and so" stuff about Avatar. Do your research people. If you are citing Poul Anderson's Call Me Joe, it was done before that by a man named Clifford Simak in a book called City, and also in a book called The Algebraist by Iain M. Banks, and also a story called Manta's G...ift by Timothy Zahn, and a 1985 comic called Timespirits...

And for those citing movies, yes, Dances With Wolves, Delgo, Fern Gully and whatever else you want to lump in with it. I'm not saying it isn't true....we know he has "ripped stuff off" in the past with Terminator and Aliens and blah blah blah.

My point is that rarely are ideas original anymore - and that's fine, what matters is how he CONVEYS his version of this story. Now that is something I will talk about. But let's just drop the whole "ripped off" thing....it is probably true, but a kind of weak argument.


Blogged with the Flock Browser
Posted by SX0T at 9:32 PM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>