Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin to Host Oscars


Who's hosting the greatest night in television? That's right ladies and gentleman, reports are coming from every direction saying that this years Oscar hosts will be Steve martin and Alec Baldwin. I'm totally down with this choice. We have Steve Martin who has the experience of hosting the Oscars and Alec Baldwin who is comedic gold right now on NBCs 30 Rock. I think it's a good idea to have a team up so they can play off of each other throughout the night. Also the team up prevents the show from getting stale, as we will have two hosts to focus on during the 18 hour ceremony rather than one. While both of these actors have been in many movies, I like the idea of them being primarily television personalities lately. Even though Hugh Jackman was amazing last year, and I'm in the minority for thinking this, but I've always thought it best to let the movie stars have their night, sit back, and enjoy the show while a comedian or television actor hosts the show. It just seems more fitting to me that they be catered upon by someone from another medium working to make their night comfortable. So all in all, I'm pleased. Very pleased indeed.

Here is what the Hosts have to say in the press release:

“I am happy to co-host the Oscars with my enemy Alec Baldwin,” said Martin.

“I don’t play the banjo but I’m thrilled to be hosting the Oscars – it’s the opportunity of a lifetime,” said Baldwin.
.
Posted by Derek Clem at 7:21 AM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>