Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tarantino Teases 'Kill Bill 3' and others


http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/153/KillBill-montage.jpg


The energetic Quentin Tarantino was out and about promoting Inglourious Basterds in Italy, and seeing as he was in the homeland of his hostess spaghetti western, he teased everyone by promising Kill Bill 3. Again. Bad Taste reports that while on Italian talkshow Parla Con me, he prompted his hostess, Serena Dandini, to ask him whether there would be a continuation of the Bride's saga. When I say prompted, I mean it literally. "You didn't ask me whether there will be a third installment, a Kill Bill Vol 3!" Dandini obliged him by asking, and Tarantino said "Yes! The Bride will fight again ... I want ten years to pass between the second one and the third one. Two reasons. I think Uma [Thurman] and I needed a ten year break because the first one was so hard. The second one is that I love the character a lot. I just really really love her. And I think she deserves ten years of peace. ... I put her through a lot in those first two movies, and I wanted her to have a nice, peaceful life for ten years. I want her to put up her sword, and have some peace. And in ten years, something will happen to make her fight again."


He also teased about some other yes's and no's to sequels that some fans have hoped to see

In the interview clip below, the Italian host asks Tarantino about a couple of sequel possibilities. He says ‘maybe’ to a Basterds prequel, “uh, no…it’ll never happen” to a Pulp Fiction sequel (sorry, Vega Brothers fans) and then, and this is the important part, says “but you didn’t ask the third thing. Would I ever do a third…a Kill Bill, Volume 3?” The woman looks taken aback, then asks the question. Will you do Kill Bill 3? “Yes!” And the crowd goes wild.

It's a little bit of a chore to watch, but here is the clip of him on Parla Con me in which he hints at these films.


Blogged with the Flock Browser
Posted by SX0T at 7:51 PM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>