Friday, April 25, 2008

Eli Roth takes it down a notch



Eli Roth, horror director responsible mainly for films such as Cabin Fever, Hostel, and Hostel: Part II has a new film in development. The twist however is that this film will be a PG-13 rated Sci-fi flick. Reuters.com is saying that he is almost finished with a script that according to him is "influenced by the sci-fi films such as Cloverfield and Transformers". This is certainly an interesting development and it will be fun to wait and see what he has in store. Roth said,

"This will be my first big-budget, PG-13, mass-destruction movie," he said backstage at the music industry's NME Awards in Los Angeles. "I went total chaos and pandemonium." "I feel like I pushed the violence in R movies about as far as I can push it. I feel like I'm bled out. I wanna switch it up," said the 36-year-old protege of Quentin Tarantino.

"Everyone I know has been saying 'When are you gonna do a movie my kids can see?' And finally, I'm gonna make a movie that 13-year-old kids can see."


Sounds to me like he may just be in it for the bucks after Hostel: Part II failed so miserably and got terrible reviews at the box office. I respect Roth however and think he is definitely on to something. Let's just hope that something is good.
Posted by SX0T at 8:28 AM |  

1 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>