Friday, April 25, 2008

Uwe Boll Vs. Michael Bay



Apparently Uwe Boll has had enough to Michael Bay and challenged him to a boxing match. This is not the first time Uwe Boll has challenged his critics to a boxing match. From Wikipedia,

"In June 2006, his production company issued a press release stating that Boll would challenge his five harshest critics each to a 10 round boxing match. Invitations were also open to film directors Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary. To qualify, critics had to have written two extremely negative reviews of Boll, in print or on the Web, in 2005. Footage from the fights were to be included on the DVD of his upcoming film Postal. On June 20, 2006, Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka stated on Something Awful that he had been invited by Boll to be the first contestant. Only after that did Kyanka review Alone in the Dark. The online gambling site GoldenPalace.com decided to sponsor this event, dubbing it "Raging Boll". The list of five critics to step into the ring with Boll was drawn up in late August 2006, and featured Kyanka, Rue Morgue magazine writer Chris Alexander, webmaster of Cinecutre Carlos Palencia Jimenez-Arguello, Ain't it Cool News writer Jeff Sneider and Chance Minter, amateur boxer and website critic. Boll fought and won against all five participants. The first took place on September 5, 2006 in Málaga, Spain against Carlos Palencia with the rest on September 23, 2006 at the Plaza of Nations in Vancouver.

This time the challenge is out to Michael Bay with Boll saying,

“Michael Bay responded to my note about him in a very insulting way for me. He said that he doesn’t care about me and this was very insulting because I care about him and I think that with the money he has for his movies, he sucks big time. I think it’s time to meet in the ring actually.

So it’s my message to Michael Bay, Michael, in between your pool parties in LA or your casting sessions with the strippers you should start training now. And I’m sure you look good, you look thin. I saw you at the Hollywood Film Festival, I think you’re a fit guy and you do like private karate bullshitAsia bullshit crap fighting stuff in LA where you think you’re super cool that you do that with your 500 bucks trainer everyday.

So let’s meet in the ring in September or October. Pay-per-view. Mandalay Bay. Las Vegas. Twelve rounds of boxing. Boll against Bay. And it’s also independent against the studio system and I think that this day in Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas we will clear it up who is not only the better director who is also able to fight more for that what he wants.”


I'm sorry Boll. I'll stick up for you because you are living the dream even if your movies suck. You are doing what many people are too afraid to do. HOWEVER, if this does happen, I have to say I'd be rooting for Michael Bay.

Check the video here. It's pretty hilarious.
Posted by SX0T at 7:16 PM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>