Monday, September 14, 2009

Trailer for Lars von Trier's Antichrist



A grieving couple (Dafoe and Gainsbourg) retreats to their cabin 'Eden' in the woods, hoping to repair their broken hearts and troubled marriage. But nature takes its course and things go from bad to worse.

Antichrist is both written and directed by prolific Danish filmmaker Lars von Trier, of an extensive number of past films, including Nocturne, The Element of Crime, Dancer in the Dark, Dogville, Manderlay, and The Boss of It All most recently. After premiering at the Cannes Film Festival, the film was picked up for US distribution by IFC. They're now bringing Antichrist to very limited theaters starting on October 23rd.


Gotta admit, I know nothing really deeply about Lars von Trier's films. I know they are typically quite trippy and very cinematic, but other than some mention and seeing clips (I don't think I've ever seen a full film) I don't know much. With that said, I'm a big fan of Dafoe and the plot sounds quite interesting. It has been called "The Most Shocking Film in the History of the Cannes Film Festival" - and let me tell ya, the trailer is creepy.
Blogged with the Flock Browser
Posted by SX0T at 4:01 PM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>