Wednesday, May 7, 2008

G.I. Street Fighter?


Paramount has released new G.I. Joe character images including Destro (Christopher Eccleston), Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee), Breaker (Saïd Taghmaoui), The Baroness (Sienna Miller), and General Hawk (Dennis Quaid).


It looks as though this movie may be over costumed. The same problem occurred in the Mortal Kombat movies and Street Fighter. As of now I think Destro and Heavy Duty are the only ones holding it together.

My personal assessment goes as follows

Heavy Duty- perfect. holding it together.
Destro- looks pretty cool. He needs his beryllium steel mask.
Storm Shadow- I've seen Mortal Kombat. This is a worse version. He also reminds me of Jonathan Brandis from the 1992 movie Sidekicks.
Breaker- Generic and over costumed
The Baroness- Hott, but generic
General Hawk- Another case of Street Fighter syndrome.

G.I. Joe hits theaters August 7, 2009
Posted by Derek Clem at 6:37 PM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>