Thursday, May 8, 2008

Jason Segel, Muppet Cameo's, and "Muppet Mode"


MTV recently caught up with Jason Segel for a bit of a chat about his upcoming Muppets project. Jason had this to say,

“I have a cameo for Charles Grodin in it,” the writer excitedly revealed about plans for his new Muppet film. “It’s a really brilliant cameo, I must say. I’m really proud of it.”

Grodin was previously the human lead in “The Great Muppet Caper.”

As for who else will make an appearance in his new film, Segel would only say that “at one point they need all the Muppets they can get.” So, presumably, that means a spot for everyone from Gonzo to the Grouch.

What it won’t have, Segel insisted, is any sort of beyond the pale adult humor — the type of humor he’s become famous for recently with the success of “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.”

“When I get into Muppet mode I turn into a 12-year-old boy,” he protested. “I think them seeing me in those meetings, they had no doubt I would be OK with the tone.”


This project sounds more and more like the best thing ever. We haven't seen a Muppet movie since Muppets From Space, unless you include the television movie of Wizard of Oz. I'm a huge Muppets fan and if you haven't seen Jason Segel's Dracula Muppet Musical in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, then you have no idea what this man is capable of.
Posted by SX0T at 8:38 AM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>