Sunday, May 18, 2008

In Future News - Indy 5 Flops or: How Shia LeBeouf Learned to Successfully Make an Iconic Franchise His Own

Fox News' Roger Friedman had a chance to talk with George Lucas concerning the Indian Jones Franchise. It sounds like Lucas has some gears turning in his head about a possible fifth installment.

"I haven’t even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out."

It sounds a little risky if you ask me. Shia is great and all but Harrison Ford IS the franchise. Plus I'm not sure I would like to see an entire Indiana Jones movie with constant Shia LeBouf ad libbing. I guess I should see The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull before I can say too much about my feelings on Shia cracking the whip in a fifth movie. Who knows Shia could could be the man to fill the shoes. I have to hand it to him, The guy has made some great stuff. The Greatest Game Ever Played shows a great side of his acting that we don't get to see in a lot of his roles. Maybe Indy 5 wouldn't be movie full of ad libs. I'm just saying it's risky and I'm glad that it's just an idea and nothing concrete. Would they call it 'Mutt Williams'?
Read more of the Interview here.
Posted by Derek Clem at 2:15 AM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
 
>